Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 6 Reading Reflection

1.) What stood out from this week's reading was the section on powerful buyers and sellers. It talks about the buying power that suppliers and buyers have when they own a great portion of the industry. In this case they used the example about soft drinks vs powdered drinks and the cost to produce and sell.
2.) I found a lot of the reading to be confusing, but one part in particular that stood out the most would be Jockeying for a position. This essentially is using tactics to intensify rivalries to therefore produce more profit in the end.
3.) If I could ask the author one question it would be. 1. What industry should I get into now that has large profit margins, with little work! 2.) Why cant there be perfect markets?
4.) I didn't personally see anything wrong with the text, but Im not a professional economics person, so I would assume based on the publication from Harvard that the text is correct and accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment