Thursday, January 14, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story

A time in my life when I have been exposed to entrepreneurship could include the time my dad took me to an inventors fair while I was in the third grade. It was composed of middle and high school students, so to me they were pretty cool. I saw inventions and ideas that seemed crazy, and out of this world, but at that time my imagination was running wild. It wasn't until my sophomore year in college when I decided to switch from being a biology major or a business major that the opportunities that business can lead to and specifically the concept of entrepreneurship led me to join ENT3003. I like the freedom of the class, and specifically the unconventional style of how the course is taught. I hope to become more self disciplined, but also more self forgiving in this class, as I plan to take more risks than I normally do.

 

4 comments:

  1. That was a very interesting read! It's good that you plan to take more risks as well. As the wise saying from Stephen McCranie goes "The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a link to my blog (yes I know I'm replying to myself) http://collinpd.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html

      Delete
  2. I find this story of how your father took you to an inventor's fair is really cool! It's wild (in the best way) because it helped expose you to a world of possibilities you probably didn't even know existed. #GoodJobDad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most amazing thing I find about your personal entrepreneurship discovery was that your father led you to it. (That's flippin' awesome. You have no idea.) Coming from a first generation background, I would have loved to have had the opportunities at such a young age as you have. You should be proud.

      Although my parents could not help me, I like to think they raised a pretty self sufficient daughter.
      Check out my entrepreneurship story if you're interested!

      http://laurenent3003.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html

      Delete