Friday, January 22, 2016

Very Short Interview No. 1


Billy Borndorf of Apple Marketing CO

Billy is an entrepreneur who started his own marketing company. By word of mouth, a clean reputation, and strong relationships he has been able to succeed with his business.



1. What was the most difficult part of starting a business?

"The uncertainty of whether or not it would be successful. That is probably the main thing. Also the capitalization of starting a business and the concern in getting the capital and providing during the lean times before the business taking off. The lean times were difficult in starting the business."


2. If you could go back 25 years, what would you do differently?

"I would probably network with people in my industry more than I did back then by going to trade shows and meeting with industry people, and getting to know them better. So having a stronger network of work back then."


3. How do you advertise your business?

"I don't. My business isn't advertized but rather word of mouth and reputation. So I keep a clean reputation and I make strong connections along with clean deals."



Reflection interviewing Billy

Interviewing Billy and generally just speaking with him is a pleasure. His is witty, funny, but serious about business. It was intriguing to learn that if he could go back 25 years he would network more. Thinking about that made me realize that those years he was talking about are the years I am living in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment