Sunday, February 7, 2016

Interviewing Customers No. 2

Last week I unfortunately was unable to interview customers about my business idea and plan. This week however I was able to hit the streets of Gainesville and share my concept for Smarter Studying. This app will not only track your studying progress determining if one is being efficient or not, but it will also have the capabilities to track websites visited while studying and being able to block them. Some more features include teaching methods of effective studying, and then applying those methods to specific classes and exams to personalize a study plan to be successful. The app can then determine what areas a student may still be struggling with and can connect them to a one on one tutor through the app. This app has potential revenue in ads, a paid subscription of the app, and  referrals and tutoring services provided. What I learned from interviewing customers is that students are unsure mostly of how they study, and all can benefit from tips and tricks to be more successful. Below are the interviews. Three tips I could give future students include:
1. Don't be scared to approach strangers, they are actually excited to help
2. Accept criticism
3. Continue making your idea a reality, don't let peoples opinions get you down.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mike, I find your idea to be really interesting. I personally have trouble studying without losing focus after a little while and I would be interested to see if your product helped me focus better on what I was supposed to be learning. I thought your interviews went pretty well too. I feel like you could combine the last two questions that you asked, but that is just a minor detail. If you want to check out my post, you can find it at http://alexbeyrent.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-2.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a very good idea that could help students nationwide. Being able to monitor a students progress with studying would be a huge help to many people as would be the connection with a tutor if they are continuing to struggle. The only problem I can see with your idea is the app blocking websites that are visited while studying. While I don't mind this, some people would get extremely annoyed. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michael, I'm very into your idea! Its definitely something that could help a lot of students! Im also very impressed that you couldn't do this last week, and still on your first try you interviewed customers so well. I would really like to see how you further develop your idea, and if you ever decide to realize it. Here is a link to my post, should you want to check it out: https://youtu.be/wJ4j-exNiik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your assignments, Mike. I appreciate that you're staying on top of your work and are dedicated to this class! Please email Joseph or me if you have any issues.

    ReplyDelete