Failing is not something one likes to share on a daily basis. It can be a touchy subject to most, but I view it as a learning opportunity. When i'm wrong i'll admit it, especially when I am with friends. A time this past semester I failed was in my personal goal to read two books a month. Reflecting on it now, i'm not sure why I didn't accomplish this goal, but thinking about it now doesn't feel to good. I wanted to better myself by reading two books a month, to gain information I haven't learned yet, and to increase my vocabulary. For some reason, this semester has gone by so fast and to be honest i'm not sure why I failed reading, but it just happened. What i've learned from this was not embarrassment, but more disappointment in myself. I have never been one who gets really upset when I fail, or dont accomplish a goal, but I do see now why this is a problem. I am simply to lazy, and realizing this now makes my drive for success even greater now. I want to read two books a month, and I believe I can do it. This class has changed my perspective on failure because it has allowed me to realize there is much more in life than always being successful. Some of my most cherished moments in life have included failure, and I think it has made me a better person because of it. I am not afraid to fail, and I do cherish success, but what I live for are those moments in between, that makes the chase worth it.

Hey Mike,
ReplyDeleteLuckily for you, your failure isn't as extreme as the other posts I have seen. Reading two books a month? That's not a failure. That's just something you couldn't put time to doing. Of course it would help increase your vocabulary but so would reading a news article or doing any other sort of reading... maybe in one of your classes? You could have definitely came up with a different failure but whatever kid. Check out mine here: http://andrewdales.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html
Hey Mike. Sorry to hear that you are disappointed that you didn't read two books a month. I'm sure you had other school related responsibilities that you had to take care of. I wouldn't look at it as a failure. If this is something you want to try again in the fall, start with one book a month and then if it goes well try to get back up to two a month. Here's the link to mine http://ufent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure-week-13.html
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteFailing personal goals is something everyone does as we don't account at all for the available time we have or just pass it off until tomorrow. I do the same with going to the gym, the thing is that I do most of my homework at night so that isn't happening. It is good to motivate yourself using failure that is what motivates me or the fear of failure. Check out my blog at: http://entspring16.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html