This has definitely been an interesting semester and year
for myself. I have had great times throughout the semester, and I have had moments
when I questioned this class and was inches away from dropping it. Some highs
through the semester were when I finally thought of a venture idea that I
deemed worthy to work on the entire class. Looking back now, I feel
accomplished and happy with the progress and feedback I have received through
the semester. Some lows throughout the semester was tearing both ankles and
developing nerve damage on both ankles. When I reached out to Professor Pryor,
he was very unaccommodating and that made me worry about the potential grade I will
receive in the class, because there were days when I couldn’t get out of bed
due to the pain, let alone walk to record an assignment. Getting over that obstacle
was definitely hard, and I am still regaining my walking, but I have completed
the class with a good grade, and I am very proud of myself for doing that. What
sticks out to me the most would be the interviews with my friends dad Billy
Birndorf. Learning that he lost his job as a farmer to go on to starting his
own marketing business that is now very successful has opened my eyes to the possibilities
that awaits in the future. No matter if you fail, or if you succeed, there will
always be opportunities to grow. What I am most proud of accomplishing would be
this entire blog. I have always wanted to create a blog, but I never knew where
to begin. I can honestly say that I am proud of the work I have done so far and
I think I will take these skills and apply it to other ventures in my future. I
believe I do see myself as an entrepreneur now. I go to sleep now thinking
about ideas that can change the future, and businesses to start. Since the beginning
of the semester I have now started another successful business reselling high-end
designer men’s clothing, which has grossed $3,000 in profits within the first
two months of opening. I can attribute most of the success to entrepreneurship
class and the lectures that Professor Pryor spoke about. With all this done,
and the semester coming to an end, I believe I have developed an entrepreneurial
mindset. One recommendation that I can make to students about to embark on this
journey would be to create a business venture that you are passionate about and
dive head first into it. If I put a few more hours into my work each week, I
think I could have come out of this semester with this business started, and
the app being created. What I would recommend to foster a mindset is would be
to keep a journal next to your bed, and every night try to think of ideas that
could change the world for the better. Looking back with all that I have done,
I wouldn’t mind if this class was longer and we got more experience. I think I
did well in this class, and I learned a lot from my peers, and I would think
they have learned from me too.

Mike,
ReplyDeleteI really like your blog layout and you did a great job on the assignment. I agree with you about the first round of interviews being tough. I actually did not submit mine in time and I learned my lesson from that. I think it is in our failures that we learn so much about ourselves. I like the fact that you learned so much from your interviews because that is the whole reason that they are there. If you would like to check out my blog post you can find it below:
http://maxwilk.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html
Hello Mike,
ReplyDeleteI found your blog post to be very interesting! I'm sorry about the physical osbtacles you had to go through in this class. Hurting your ankles can definitely be very frustrating. I admire your perserverance and the determination you had in this class. I agree that a journal can be beneficial for this class and in the entrepreneurial mindset. Here's a link to my blog post: http://jeromerimpos.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html