Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Venture Concept #2

     My idea that I plan on pursuing after the end of the semester has a plethora of opportunities that can allow me to succeed and create a vibrant business. There are too many opportunities that awaits for me but I will share a few with you. My customer base is roughly 25 million people but mainly college students. I plan on capitalizing on what the schools failed to do which is properly teach students how to study efficiently. I believe this will be extremely successful, because who wouldn't want to spend multiple hours less of studying to retain the information even better?  I dont look at the market demographically, because I know there is a need for my product across all genders and races from the feedback I have received this semester. I believe this opportunity has the potential to gross 25 million within the first 5 years of being up and running. My window of opportunity will be open as long as the school system continues to fail at properly teaching students to study, so my guess is will be open for quite some time. 
     The innovation of my business is still being considered, due to the large amount of opinions I have received. To start my app will first allow students to purchase a type of plan they would like. An example of the plan could be a monthly payment, allowing a student "x" amount of tokens to unlock different parts of the app. Different parts of the app will include: studying techniques, ways to block out distractions, live tutoring help,  peer evaluations, peer to peer studying, individual class study guides, general class study guides, and much much more. This is just a basic example of one of the types of ways a student can get involved. There will also be ways that the student can unlock different parts of the app by promoting it to friends, people watching advertisements, and much more. The potential for this app is endless, and I intend to capitalize on all of it. 
     I believe once a few students at each university try out the app, they will immediately  recommend it to their friends, and it will spread like a wildfire.  Customers will want to by my innovation because it will not only save them hours of studying, but it will also allow them to study more efficiently and retain the information at a higher rate than they normally would. I dont think customers will be switching to this app because there is nothing on the market like this. Currently there are no competitors, which is why I wanted to keep my idea and venture a secret with limited amount of exposure to insure that a large corporation does not steal my idea and make it a reality before I can. The investments that I will need to make will be to find a programmer and a computer designer to create the app for me. I will also need a team to run the app, make sure there are no glitches, and a team to manage customer service along with the finances that I will be bringing in.  
     I believe my most important resource will be college students trying to maximize their studying habits to save time. In five years time I hope to have grossed 25 million and be the CEO of this company along with starting new ventures that I have no clue what they are yet. With the money I have made I also want to start investing in real estate and properties across the world. 

3 comments:

  1. Michael, good revision of your venture concept. However, I don't see a summary of the changes you made. Be careful to follow the instructions for these last few assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael,
    I thought overall you did a good job. You proceeded to provide information on your venture and all that it entails. Did you find it hard to complete this assignment? Personally, I felt it was easy as I feel very passionate about my venture and can talk about it for days. I did notice that you forgot to reflect at the end. I think this portion is extremely important as it allows you look in retrospect on what you couldve done better. Keep up the good work and check out my blog http://stefankostas.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michael,
    You did a great job with changing your post using the feedback you were given. This was a really unique venture concept. This app has the potential to be extremely successful. If people recommend it to their friends, it can get popular quickly.
    Check out my post: http://tylermurton.blogspot.com/2016/04/elevator-pitch-no-4.html

    ReplyDelete