During this week's reading the biggest surprises for me would include the amount of detail and stress
involved in structuring the work environment. Having to keep in mind management support, autonomy/
work discretion, rewards/reinforcement, time availability, and organizational boundaries is a lot to deal
with at a single time. This caught me off guard because I never took into consideration the environment
my peers will be working on has an impact on their productivity. A part of the reading that I personally
found confusing would include preparing management. When starting a business or leading a team it is
important in picking the right team members, and diversifying the group to produce innovative thinking,
positive productivity and supporting the group. I found this confusing because besides interviews, how
well do you really know someone and making these upper level decisions has me confused. If I could ask
the author anything it would be was ventures they can started in their life? What has failed? and What has
succeeded? I do not necessarily disagree with anything the author has to say mainly because he is much more
educated on economics than I am and I would feel intimidated trying to disagree and debate a topic with the
author. Overall it was an interesting read, not my favorite of text material, but not not the worst I have ever
read either.
No comments:
Post a Comment