Sunday, March 20, 2016

Growing Your Social Capital

I am going to take the loss on this assignment like any others but I want to share my feelings about it. I find it extremely unfair that each week we need to go out and find people to interview. I understand how this can help but in my situation with torn ligaments in both legs and nerve damage called CRPS in both legs I am unable to go out and do these assignments. I did all the extra credit and I spoke to professor Pryor multiple times, but he is very un-accommodating. I would like to grow my social capital and do these assignments but I physically can not do that. Unfortunately there are no alternative ways I can make up these points and I think that is a huge flaw in the class. Yes I have completed all the yellowdig extra credit and the extra credit he gives out, but it is still hurting my grade a lot. What I have taken away from this class and assignments is that life is unfair, and you can't count on others to be there when you need them the most. Life is tough but so is growing a business. One must keep persevering,

1 comment:

  1. Mike;

    You're the man. I cannot say I understand your position. Probably very few can. I do not remember signing anything that said this class would require us to run around interviewing people. You are completely entitled to your complaints. Although I personally have seen Dr. Pryor dismiss my plea for clemency over another assignment, I would still urge you to speak with him and search an alternative that could provide you with equal opportunity.

    You're the man. Good luck in your rehabilitation process.

    ReplyDelete